Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The abuse of power

Just read about this online. I'm adding the link here so that the story spreads even more. It's the story (that I'm sure many of you have heard of) about a powerful politician, his sons, and their bodyguards, beating up a defenseless 56 year old man and his 14 year old son (who goes to the same school I used to) on the golf course.

My family has a membership to that course. It's supposed to be for the more upscale Filipinos who (presumably) would be more educated about etiquette and good behavior. Obviously, that presumption is invalid in this case.

Here's the link:
An all-too-familiar story

I've seen this attitude all too often from people. The sad thing is that they often get away with it. Given the culture of corruption and entitlement in the Philippines, I really don't have much hope that anything will come out of this.

No comments: