Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I did something really stupid

I went to my school yesterday night, in order to meet up with my thesis adviser and a number of other classmates and to present a progress report on my thesis.

When I got there, just a few minutes before my presentation time, I went to the computer room to do some last minute editing of my PowerPoint, then proceeded to go to my adviser's office to meet up with him and the other folks. The only problem was, no one was there.

When 7 pm arrived (the scheduled time of my presentation), I went searching through each of the floors of the building, and went to each open classroom, to see where they might be. I couldn't find them.

So I called up the administration office to ask if they could help me locate my adviser. Apparently, no one had seen him the entire day.

That's when it dawned on me.

I had come one week early to the meeting. :)

Sometimes, when you're so focused on something, you get so blind to everything else that you can make stupid mistakes. This was one of those times. I suppose I should have read the e-mail more carefully, but I was so focused on doing the thesis presentation right (you should see my PowerPoint) that I didn't even pay attention to one of the most important aspects of meetings: know when you are supposed to meet.

I just chuckled to myself all the way home. :) After all, it could have been worse. I could have been one week late to the meeting. As it is, I'm more than ready when I finally do have to present. It's still small consolation, though, for feeling really stupid. ;)

No comments: