Monday, September 07, 2015

The "problem" with women... ;)

For centuries, man has complained about not being able to understand women, leading to the birth of such phrases as, "Women are a problem no man can solve." I just had the thought, just now, that perhaps the problem is man views women as a "problem" that needs "solving" in the first place! smile emoticon
In my humble opinion, women don't need "solving" at all. Man has been trying to make sense of women because he wants a one-size-fits-all, easy cheat sheet on how to deal with women's concerns he either isn't really interested in or is just not motivated to worry about... and therein lies the problem... I'm just going out on a limb here, but I think most women would find the idea of man trying to "solve" them a bit condescending and/or insulting... As far as I'm concerned, all women are different and unique unto themselves. The reason you can't find a universal solution to women's issues is because we men all too often try to herd them all into an unrealistic panacea that just doesn't exist...
My personal take on it is that man has to treat each and every woman with respect and dignity; he should listen VERY carefully and attentively to each woman's specific, individual needs first THEN try to provide both the attention and sincere understanding she might need at that particular moment in time. You can't assume you can dismiss a woman's problems so quickly and negligently.... Pay attention, give it your FULL attention and deal with everything appropriately and promptly, with as much care and concern for her well-being as is warranted under the circumstances and I very much think there isn't much you'll not be able to handle, really... At least, that's my take on it... Women deserve attention, respect and sincere intention... but what do I know? After all, I'm just a man... wink emoticon

No comments: