Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The West Wing

I love the West Wing. :) This is a show that appeals to the debater in me. I love watching how politics COULD work, and knowing that this show has hired former White House staffers as consultants, I know that many of the situations depicted therein, while a bit dramatic, are not too far from the truth.

The current season is great. I especially love the live debate in episode 7 between Democractic nominee Matt Santos (played by Jimmy Smits) and the Republican nominee Arnold Vinick (played by Alan Alda). Great fun. :) Made me want to debate there and then.

The West Wing didn't do so well after Aaron Sorkin (the original creator and writer) left, but it's picked up a great deal lately, and the coming "election" promises to be very exciting.

I can't wait.

No comments: