Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'm tired...

I'm just tired. Mentally, physically, emotionally...

I need something to renew me. No matter how strong a person may or may not be, it is impossible to sustain energy for everything in life without having something to renew that energy.

I don't know where to look, but I hope I find that source of renewal soon. Otherwise I may just break.

I know it's funny that I'm saying this now, after such a good start to my day, but I guess I was just on a "sugar-high" that time... it's hard to sustain enthusiasm when the source of your energy is your own, finite well of emotions.

Maybe it's all the work I've been doing lately. Fulfilling as it may be to teach young people, it still takes a lot of emotional and physical energy. It takes a huge toll, really. And I would normally take my off-days as opportunities to rest and relax, but my off-days are when I train the national team, or do other work.

I think I will have to declare a moratorium on things that cause me grief... at least for a week or so. I just need the break before I crack under all the non-stop stress.

I'll reassess my life after, and see if I'm really heading down the path I want to head, or if the price I'm paying is worth the potential reward.

No comments: