Monday, March 13, 2006

Cool time in class today ;)

I did something interesting in class today. :)

I was explaining the concept of "facial expressions" and why they were so important in public speaking, and on the spur-of-the-moment I decided to try a new thing. I asked my class to give me 5 different emotions (they gave, in order, "happy, angry, frustrated, sad and confused"), and then I asked them to give me a topic (they gave "Iraq").

I then immediately launched into a speech on Iraq, using all of the emotions IN ORDER, and even using George W. Bush's voice. ;) It was way cool. I had so much fun doing it, and the class loved it. They were clapping by the end of class. =)

I love these random moments in teaching. They give me a feeling of purpose. You get to discover these small moments of joy each day if you really just look hard enough. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi mate

how u doin, hope ur havin a blast in Korea.

Ur blogs are quiet nice

keep it up mate, as it gives me a lot of interestin stuff to read when i am bored lol, dont get pissed thou hehe

anywayz dude chat up wid u later

bye

sam

________________________________

In case ur wonderin who it is, its the tall fat dark guy from bkk