Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Visas and vistas

I am finally getting all my visa/work issues sorted out, and should leave Korea sometime next week (we need to pick up work visas outside the country). I am thinking of heading to Bangkok to see some old friends and pick up some stuff that I'd left behind.

It should be interesting seeing Thailand from a different perspective. The last time I was there, I was so immersed in everything (daily life, work in Thammasat, etc.) that I didn't really get to "see" the country and appreciate the natural beauty Thailand had to offer. I am intending to maybe visit a beach this time, or at least get to see some sights I never really had the gumption to visit while I was living there.

I guess that's how all of us act sometimes: it's easier to appreciate culture when you're not really immersed in it... otherwise it's not really a separate entity ("culture") but rather a basic part of everyday life.

Nothing to crow about. We see it everyday. Why would we need to visit that place?

The trip should be interesting. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay!!! excited about seeing ya!!!
thailand is still the same same... hope that dosen't disappoint you. except it's so much hotter and humid! expect that!

see ya soon!