Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Fried chicken and motels... a marketing dream? :)

I just found out from one of my friends tonight, that this motel chain in the Philippines is offering free fried chicken to couples who stay an extra hour in the motel. ;) I have no clue what they call this promo, but a few phrases come to mind... :D

Seeing as how some kids read this blog, though, they will remain unspoken/untyped.

Funny though, what some marketers will do to get customers. Reminds me of that case we studied in my Masters program, about the convenience store chain that decided to put the diapers right beside the beer. They had found out through customer research that most of the people who buy diapers are actually fathers coming home from work... and that some associated selling (hence the beer) might work.

Guess what? It worked like a charm. :) Beer sales have never been higher.

So I guess this fried chicken thing might not be such a bad idea after all... ;)

No comments: